Re: [xep-support] Passing param values from command line

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:51:51 PST

    Geurt,

    > I did forget the quotes. However I have some problems left. Only the first
    > parameter is passed to the stylesheet, all others are ignored. In this
    > example only "volume=18" is passed. "volume.number=1" is passed when i put
    > this param first on the commandline.

    If you look inside transform.bat, you see the following:

    [...] com.renderx.xep.JAXPDriver %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

    The batch file can pass only nine arguments to the Java class. You have:

    %1 -xml
    %2 C:\XEP\Projects\MyProject\source\source.xml
    %3 -xsl
    %4 C:\XEP\Projects\MyProject\Stylesheets\MyStylesheet.xsl
    %5 -out
    %6 C:\XEP\Projects\ MyProject\PDF\MyResult.pdf
    %7 -format
    %8 PDF
    %9 volume=18

    All further parameters are simply not passed to XEP :-)

    To fix, you have to ensure that the command line Java call gets
    the parameter. One easy way to achieve it: modify transform.bat
    so that it accepts more tokens on the command line. For example,
    moving all tokens but the file names inside transform.bat saves
    you a lot of token places:

    [...] com.renderx.xep.JAXPDriver \
       -format PDF -xml %1 -xsl %2 -out %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

    In this way, the limit will be 7 parameters. If you have more,
    specify some of them inside the transform.bat (yes, you can
    omit quotes in this case), or call Java.exe directly from the
    command line with no BAT file, or replace transform.bat
    by a Perl wrapper script, etc. etc.

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev