Re: [xep-support] evem line height with superscript (was:1. unicode characters (eg arrow up) 2. line-height)

From: Tobias Reif (tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 03:22:41 PST

    Paul A. Hoadley wrote:

    > This combination looks pretty good to me:
    >
    > <xsl:template name="format.footnote.mark">

    I'm using
       <s:param name="ulink.footnotes" select="1"/>
    The ulink marks are the ones which I want to modify; I think
    format.footnote.mark is (currently) only for general footnotes. So from
    trying your code, it seems as if the above doesn't affect those ulink
    footnote marks.

    I guess I want s.th. like
       $footnote.mark.properties
    or/and
       $ulink.footnote.mark.properties

    [...]
    > With 10 point Times Roman, the superscript footnote marks seem to miss
    > the descenders from the line above and are not too small, and the line
    > spacing is unaffected. However, if you didn't like 90%, Tobias,
    > you're not going to like 70%. :-) You may have to keep trying, but
    > this looks nice to me. Also, this could break all manner of other
    > formatting with Norm's FO stylesheets for all I know, in particular
    > inline graphics -- I've only tested it on a minimal input to see what
    > it did for footnotes. There is bound to be a better way.

    For now, I'll have to find a way to decrease the size of the ulink
    footnote marks, without copying and modifying the whole template (in
    latest NWXSLT: fo/xref.xsl).

    Thanks,

    Tobi

    P.S. No need to CC me :)