[xep-support] text-align attribute in fo:external-graphic

From: Paul A. Hoadley (paulh@logicsquad.net)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 21:29:50 PST

    Hello,

    I'm inserting some EPS figures into a Docbook document as <equation>s.
    When I supply the attribute 'align="center"' to the <imagedata>
    element in Docbook, the stylesheets generate:

    <fo:external-graphic src="url(\../images/eqn1.eps)" width="auto"
    height="auto" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
    text-align="center"/>

    The figure comes out left justified -- should XEP be honouring
    'text-align="center"', or should the Docbook stylesheets be generating
    something else. The <fo:block> elements surrounding the
    <fo:external-graphic> are attributeless: is this where the Docbook
    stylesheets should be specifying alignment?

    Thanks for any advice.

    --
    Paul.
    mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net