[xep-support] Using Xep and SAXResult

From: John Meyer (jmeyer@cstlink.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 13:59:48 PST

    Is there any way to use XEP through the SAXResult interface. We chain
    together a series of TransformerHandler objects using the
    TransformerHandler.setResult() method. It doesn't seem that xep is
    capable of integrating into a pipeline of this nature from the
    documentation. Attempting to create a SAXResult from one the generator
    classes results in an empty document. Is there a known workaround for
    this type of use? We cannot use the XMLFilter Interfaces as they do not
    support the use of custom URIResolvers.
    Ive included a snippet of code illustrating exactly what we are trying
    to do.

          javax.xml.transform.sax.TransformerHandler handler =
    saxTFactory.newTransformerHandler(template);
          javax.xml.transform.Transformer transformer =
    handler.getTransformer();
          transformer.setURIResolver(uriResolver);
            java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream oStream = new
    java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();
            handler.setResult(new SAXResult(new H4PDF(oStream)));