Re: [xep-support] METRIC and HYPHEN properties

From: Werner Donné (werner.donne@re.be)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 13:43:46 PST

    Thank you very much Nikolai.

    I understand. Fonts can be very large so keeping them in memory just like that is
    probably not a good idea. I recon you use the java.io.RandomAccessFile class, so a
    compromise that perhaps has only a local impact on the code is to copy a font file
    to a temporary file and use java.io.RandomAccessFile on that. The copies would be
    alive as long as the XEP instance is. This is, of course, only a suggestion that
    crosses my mind.

    I was not complete in my previous posting, because the ROOT property should allow
    URLs as well. Otherwise the configuration would remain global, while some resources
    it configures, such as fonts, would be application-local.

    Regards,

    Werner.

    --
    Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA