[xep-support] OT: Version numbering

From: Gustaf Liljegren (gustafl@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 16:54:41 PST

In the docs XEP is refered to as XEP 3.1, while the full version is 3.13.
Some people, including me, tend to read "3.13" as a real number.

To avoid confusion, I suggest the numbering scheme 1.2.3, with 1 being the
major version, 2 being the minor version and 3 being the bugfix. When it's
only fixes, change 3. When there are new features, change 2 and when
there's time for a whole new major release, change 1.

Just my 2 öre. :-)

Gustaf