Re: [xep-support] JPEG images

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 10:34:23 PST

Neil,

> With the latest version of XEP, my JPEG files are no longer recognised,
> even though they end in .jpg and are recognised by other software
> (the previous version of XEP was fine with these images)?

We completely rewrote image handling in the new version. XEP 2.x
used extensions to guess image format; XEP 3.x looks for a signature
inside the file itself. Currently, we recognize JPEG files marked
as JFIF or EXIF; maybe your file is marked differently. (Note that
EXIF images were added to the signature in XEP 3.10; have you tried
it already?)

In any case, you can always impose the content type using an attribute:

<fo:external-image src="url(mydir/myimage.jpg)"
                    content-type="content-type: image/jpeg"/>

> I can supply sample image if needed

I would greatly appreciate it. Please send it off-list to grig@renderx.com.

Best regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev