Re: [xep-support] XSL and Relax NG

From: W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 16:56:00 PST

Gustaf Liljegren wrote:

> I hope there will be a Relax NG validator (supporting normal and
> abbreviated syntax) included in XEP one day. Perhaps XEP error reporting
> would come closer to the intentions in the standard (since the standard
> can't be expressed with a DTD) with a fo.rng file? Do I overlook something?
> What about the XSLT processor?

I'm not sure what schema validation would have to do with XEP or any
other FO processor--do you mean validation of the schema document itself
or validation of instances against the schema? In any case, the use or
non-use of a schema for a document instance has nothing to do with its
formatting or its transformation into FO (except to the degree that your
transform depends on the id() function working).

Cheers,

Eliot

--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com