[xep-support] Strange Behavior For Start-Before with fo:list

From: W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 10:35:21 PST

I'm getting results from this sample that I think are incorrect, but I'm
not 100% sure.

In this sample, I'm using fo:list markup to render traditional unorderd
and ordered lists. Each list-body contains a block which contains
another block that specifies space-before="12pt". What I'm seeing that
that sometimes the space-before on these blocks is being honored and
sometimes not, when my expectation would be that it would never be
honored and XSL Formatter never honors it.

The presentation result I'm getting is:

* Item 1
*
   Item 2

       Second para w/in item 2 (space-before correctly used)
*
   Item 3

I know it's the space-before because if I remove it, as in item 4, the
unexpected space goes away.

Cheers,

E.

--