Re: [xep-support] how do i make writing mode property work?

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 06:18:29 PST

Hello Rajat,

RV> Hi All,

RV> I've set the writing-mode to "rl-tb" in the simple page master but it has
RV> absolutely no effect on the layout of the page.
RV> I typed some Hebrew text in the FO document and it comes up garbled in the
RV> output PDF.
RV> I've attached the FO file I'm using.

You should specify writing-mode on fo:block-container to make it work.
If you want to apply writing-mode to the whole flow, you should wrap it in
block-container.
What do you mean by "garbled" then talking about Hebrew text? Do you
have appropriate font-family specified? (the one which contains Hebrew
glyphs).

RV> There are some more issues I have with XEP with regards to XML/XSL
RV> transformations...
RV> If I pass the XML and XSL separately to XEP, it complains of errors in my
RV> style sheet but FOP processes it.
RV> The XSL is valid as Xalan correctly transforms the XML to FO using the same
RV> XSL.

May I ask you in which way you pass XSL FO and stylesheet to XEP?
The right way to do it from command-line is to use JAXPDriver.

RV> Any ideas why should it be so? Also, can I change the Transformer XEP uses?
RV> Why does XEP require Saxon and XT both if I'm passing it only the FO
RV> document?

JAXPDriver can use any JAXP-compatible transformer available in your
system. It could be explicitly specified via
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory system property.

As for XT - XEP uses it for internal processing.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX

By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html