[xep-support] how do i make writing mode property work?

From: Rajat Vig (rajat.vig@amdocs.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 05:15:53 PST

Hi All,

I've set the writing-mode to "rl-tb" in the simple page master but it has
absolutely no effect on the layout of the page.
I typed some Hebrew text in the FO document and it comes up garbled in the
output PDF.
I've attached the FO file I'm using.

There are some more issues I have with XEP with regards to XML/XSL
transformations...
If I pass the XML and XSL separately to XEP, it complains of errors in my
style sheet but FOP processes it.
The XSL is valid as Xalan correctly transforms the XML to FO using the same
XSL.
Any ideas why should it be so? Also, can I change the Transformer XEP uses?
Why does XEP require Saxon and XT both if I'm passing it only the FO
document?

Thanks,
Rajat Vig
E-mail: rajat.vig@amdocs.com
Phone (off): +357-25-845779
Phone (mobile): +357-99-822460

And yet, and yet . . . Denying temporal succession, denying the self,
denying the astronomical universe, are apparent desperations and secret
consolations. Our destiny is not frightful by being unreal; it is frightful
because it is irreversible and iron-clad. Time is the substance I am made
of. Time is a river which sweeps me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger
which destroys me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire which consumes me, but I
am the fire. The world, unfortunately, is real; I, unfortunately, am Borges.
-- Essay: "A New Refutation of Time," 1946

Thank you.

By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html