Re: [xep-support] Support for Vector EPS (3.02)

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 06:39:13 PDT

Hi Eliot,

> I have a document that includes vector EPS w/preview
> images (created w/Visio and exported as EPS).
>
> It appears that XEP is using the preview images and
> not the Postscript EPS content.

Yes - in PDF output. In PostScript back-end, we insert
an EPS document as is, dropping the preview instead.
If you need EPS in XEP documents right now, the only
feasible way is to produce PostScript, and then
distill to PDF.

In future versions, we expect that our PDF generator
will be capable of inserting PDF images directly into
PDF code. We are also working on SVG support
that should become the primary format for vector
graphics in XEP.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev

By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html