Re: [xep-support] Getting XEP to Work

From: David Tolpin (dvd@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 07:00:48 PDT

Brian,

while the academic license does not grant support hours, we are always
ready to help you through the public support list you are writing to,
xep-support@renderx.com (please consider subscribing to it as it is
explained in the installation documentation, not just posting messages
through the web -- you'll get more useful information).

> You're not being dim. I'm having the same problem. This is the first software I used, other than freeware, that came with no installation instructions. I've added the lib item paths to the system classpath. Configured setup.sh and ran it. Now I see
> com/renderx/FO2PDF/Driver
> when I execute run.sh

Which means that your classpath is somehow misconfigured.

> The thing is there is only one item anywhere on my system -- let alone the
> installation -- by that name /xep/doc/api/com/renderx/FO2PDF

If you downloaded and installed the package successfully, then there should be a file matching
xep*.jar in your classpath. It is customary for Java applications to delivery all .class files
packaged in a few 'jars', Java ARchives.

> I can find no trace of such a driver anywhere in the installation.
> I also noticed that in setup.sh and run.sh reference is made to
> $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar which also doesn't exist.

This does no harm to your particular installation; it is for some older versions of Java which
do have this file and require it to be included into the class path.

David Tolpin
By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html