[xep-support] Re: Bengali Text

From: Kevin Brown <kevin_at_ADDRESS_REMOVED>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2024 - 10:31:23 PST

There is more to formatting Bengali and other script languages than just font selection.

Formatting such languages requires understanding and implementing the ligatures/scripts for that language.

Such things are deep in the core of the formatter.

We do not support such Indian languages as it is a very large effort and has been requested possibly 5 or 6 times in 10 years, with the majority of implementations being non-business documents.

Unfortunately you will not be able to create Bengali with RenderX now or likely in the future unless it was a (very expensive) paid customization.

Kevin Brown

RenderX, Inc.

(650) 327-1000 Direct

(650) 328-8008 Fax

(925) 395-1772 Mobile

skype:kbrown01

kevin@renderx.com <mailto:kevin@renderx.com>

sales@renderx.com <mailto:sales@renderx.com>

http://www.renderx.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.renderx.com_&d=DwMFAw&c=-5LgSL_TkF3nGRQI95ci6eeFVMQ5VESHPf5koMIAxOA&r=yVuryK9i5mTC1HwUhhk11jhcfoM_R79kcOemHB3wJKI&m=_pMuyWQwWjkweA_2ZgroeXdOPL47i9HXHONuCevGjNA&s=VFnYR1htDHu9RCll2WrcHORu2W57P6A8xvtq01n2caU&e=>