[xep-support] Re: thai line break issues

From: Vladyslav Sivyakov <vsivyakov_at_ADDRESS_REMOVED>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2017 - 13:43:59 PDT

Hello Mok,

We are aware about this problem. The newest versions of XEP rely on
Java's native mechanism of word breaking, and it gives incorrect results
in several cases:

* some Thai words are treated incorrectly; besides ถัดไป, I can recall
แสัดง and เคาเตอร์ that break in the middle while it should not;

* Latin script (e.g., English words) staying within fo:block
language="th" is also treated incorrectly, including commas, quote
marks, and open/close parenthesis.

We keep this problem in mind and we hope to get it fixed at some time.

As a partial workaround the problem with Latin script, make sure that
all English text is properly marked with "language" attribute.

Good bye,
Vladyslav Y. Sivyakov, RenderX.