[xep-support] SVG DTD issue with Oxygen/XEP

From: <Annette-consultant.Bouillin@fresenius-kabi.com>
Date: Mon Oct 06 2014 - 00:44:14 PDT

Hello,
I'm using XEP to create PDF files from DITA source files in Oxygen. I'm
having trouble with the DTD validation (in details, if I comment the
doctype declaration, there is no problem, if I leave the doctype
declaration, I got the following error message "[java] EXCEPTION: Failed
to create image
file:/D:/SVN-Annette/IFU_MT/Sources/Projet_ong/trunk/graphics/device_identification_label_SN.svg
of type null" which I think is caused by the online validation blocked by
the company proxy).
As indicated in the user documentation, I tried to set up a catalog to
have XEP validate with a local DTD but to no avail.
Here is what I did:

1/ Copied svg10.dtd and svg11.dtd from Oxygen directory to C:\XML_DTD
(Windows 7 OS).

2/ Downloaded xml-commons-resolver-1.2 (so resolver.jar is in
C:\XML_DTD\xml-commons-resolver-1.2).

3/ Created a catalog file as follows (catalog.xml in C:\XML_DTD):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--<!DOCTYPE catalog
   PUBLIC "-//OASIS/DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
   "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
-->
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
     <public
       publicId="-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
       uri="file:///c:/xml_dtd/svg11.dtd"/>
    <system
       systemId="http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd"
       uri="file:///c:/xml_dtd/svg11.dtd"/>
</catalog>

4/ Created a properties file (CatalogManager.properties in C:\XML_DTD) as
follows:
catalogs=C:/XML_DTD/catalog.xml
relative-catalogs=yes
verbosity=4
prefer=system
static-catalog=yes
allow-oasis-xml-catalog-pi=yes

5/ Modified XEP batch script as follows:
@echo off
rem This batch file encapsulates a standard XEP call.

set CP=C:\XML_DTD\xml-commons-resolver-1.2;C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\xep.jar;C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\saxon6.5.5\saxon.jar;C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\saxon6.5.5\saxon-xml-apis.jar;C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\lib\xt.jar

if x%OS%==xWindows_NT goto WINNT
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java"
-Dcom.renderx.sax.entityresolver=org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
\
-Dcom.renderx.jaxp.uriresolver=org.apache.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver \
-classpath "%CP%" com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "-DCONFIG=C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\xep.xml" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto END

:WINNT
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java" -classpath "%CP%"
com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "-DCONFIG=C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEP\xep.xml"
%*

:END

set CP=

6/ Added system environment variable:
CLASSPATH=C:\XML_DTD\xml-commons-resolver-1.2\resolver.jar;C:\XML_DTD\CatalogManager.properties

But it doesn't work, the transformation in Oxygen still fails. Any idea of
what I'd have missed?
Thanks & regards,
(Also posting this question on Oxygen forum and maybe Yahoo dita users
group).

Annette-consultant Bouillin
IFU project lead for ONG - Assystem consultant

FRESENIUS VIAL SAS
Société par Actions Simplifiée
au capital de 15 344 534,75 euros
RCS Grenoble B 408 720 282

Le Grand Chemin
38590 Brézins - France
T : +33 4 76 67 57 04
F : +33 4 76 67 11 34
annette-consultant.bouillin@fresenius-kabi.com
www.fresenius-kabi.com

Ce message est à la seule attention du (ou des) destinataire(s)
attitré(s). Il peut contenir des informations confidentielles ou privées
et faire l'objet d'une protection par privilège juridique. Si vous n'êtes
pas un destinataire attitré, vous ne pouvez pas revoir, utiliser, copier
ou distribuer ce message ou ses pièces attachées. Si vous avez reçu cette
communication par erreur, merci de bien vouloir en aviser l'expéditeur par
retour de courriel et de détruire de votre ordinateur ce message ainsi que
les pièces attachées.

This e-mail message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and
may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient or his/her representative, please be advised
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or the use of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and please delete
this message and all attachments from your computer.

Par égard pour l'environnement, n’imprimez ce message que si nécessaire.
With regards to the environment, print this message only if necessary.

!DSPAM:87,5432486510107458812525!