[xep-support] Re: eps into pdfs...options?

From: Hendricks Trevor <Trevor.Hendricks@kohler.com>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2014 - 12:55:54 PDT

Just a piece, but are the fonts embedded in the EPS files? If not, starting with an export from Illustrator does sound like the only way to realistically go. If they are using a varied set of fonts that is not consistent amongst all their users you'll need to have all possible fonts installed on the processing computer if I'm not mistaken. Going between mac and pc in regards to fonts may be an issue as well.

From our experience I tried doing something similar but found that going to the source (IsoDraw in our case) I had a macro for saving that exported all possible files we needed to proper locations. As previously mentioned you could use actions to do similar. It's been user since I messed with Illustrator actions but if I recall they were pretty simple to setup and share amongst users.

Trevor Hendricks
Project Analyst -- Publication Systems
e: trevor.hendricks@kohler.com

(A)bort (R)etry (I)nfluence with large hammer.