[xep-support] Re: Line breaking rules for Korean.

From: Simcha Gralla <sgralla@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon Aug 11 2014 - 12:17:31 PDT

That doesn't sound like the rules as I learned them. Most Korean documents
can break between all Hangul characters with the exception that there are
characters defined to not be left alone at the start or end of the line..
Among other places describing this, there's
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688158.aspx#EED

Simcha Gralla
IBM Authoring Tools development
Brookfield, CT

Daniel Boughton <daniel.r.boughton@rrd.com> wrote on 2014-08-11 14:59:44:

> From: Daniel Boughton <daniel.r.boughton@rrd.com>
> To: RenderX Community Support List <xep-support@renderx.com>
> Date: 2014-08-11 15:00
> Subject: [xep-support] Line breaking rules for Korean.
> Sent by: "Xep-support" <xep-support-bounces@renderx.com>
>
> XEP currently groups Chinese, Japanese, and Korean together in it's
> line-breaking rules.  Our translation team is telling us the Korean
> should be treated differently than Chinese and Japanese and that it
> is only valid to break at space characters.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else out there has encountered this, and
> how you have handled it using XEP.
>
> Thanks
> --

> Daniel Boughton | Technical Analyst | RR Donnelley
> 655 Brighton Beach Rd | Menasha, WI 54952
> Office: 920.751.7603 | Cell: 920.450.3581 | Fax: 920.751.7686
> daniel..r.boughton@rrd.com
> http://www.rrdonnelley.com

!DSPAM:87,53e916e310101584813245!