[xep-support] Re: Rotate table spanning multiple pages

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2014 - 09:22:46 PDT

No sooner had I written about the challenge of
recreating nested formatting objects, that the
principle itself was asked about on the XSL mail list.

   http://markmail.org/message/v55aubydgxc6s3cc

I took this as a sign and I put the effort into writing a generic splitter.

   http://markmail.org/message/2y2ylpohjpla6rrs

You should be able to hack the PSMI code if you
find you really cannot live with a flow-top-level table.

When I find the time I will update the PSMI code
myself, I just can't do it now ... but at least I
now know how I'm going to approach it.

I hope this helps.

. . . . . . . . . Ken

At 2014-07-04 10:03 -0400, I wrote:
>At 2014-07-04 10:33 +0200, Armin Günther wrote:
>>Thank you very much! The example from your
>>documentation worked out nicely (though I would
>>have liked to see example2.xsl, with changed
>>header/footer, which was not included in the
>>zip-file) and I am adapting it to my needs. I
>>wonder whether alternating page headers (for
>>odd and even pages) might cause problems?
>
>I don't think there would be any problems at all
>... the approach doesn't impact on the parity of
>the pages encountered. Thinking about it,
>though, you might have to think twice about first and last tests.
>
>At 2014-07-04 11:54 +0200, Armin Günther wrote:
>>After some experimentation with your approach
>>the main problem seems to be, that the
>>to-be-rotated table/content has to be inside a
>>block-level construct that must be an immediate
>>child of an flow construct. My tables usually
>>are wrapped inside blocks (e.g. for sections,
>>sub-sections etc.). But I will think about a solution for this.
>
>I acknowledge the restriction I've imposed, but
>it would be a challenge to have to break and
>then recreate any depth of nested formatting
>objects to reestablish all of the inheritance
>imposed by the traits triggered by the properties.
>
>I hope you find in the long run that the
>approach helps you meet your objectives. Others have found it very useful.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |