[xep-support] Re: Rotate table spanning multiple pages

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2014 - 09:54:21 PDT

Not all XSL-FO processors support the behaviour
you need. When one of my clients needed this I
created the PSMI semantic for this very use case
that I've cited in its documentation:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#psmi

I have used it successfully with RenderX.

I hope this helps.

. . . . . . . . . Ken

At 2014-07-03 17:26 +0200, Armin Günther wrote:
>I try to rotate a table using
><fo:block-container reference-orientation="90">
>(see code below) but long tables run out of
>the body region of the page and do not span
>across pages (they are truncated at the right
>edge of the page). Is there a correct way to
>rotate a table on a page (portrait) into
>landscape orientation such that it is split at
>the right page margin and continued at the next page?
>
>Thanks!
>Armin
>

> <fo:flow flow-name="body">
> <fo:block>
> <fo:block-container reference-orientation="90">
> <fo:table-and-caption>
> <fo:table-caption>
> <fo:block id="t1">
>
><fo:wrapper>Table # <fo:block>Table caption</fo:block>
> </fo:wrapper>
> </fo:block>
> </fo:table-caption>
> <fo:table background-color="#eeeeee">