[xep-support] PDF-links to file with id containing dot do not work

From: Patricia Piolon <skyanth@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2014 - 02:30:32 PST

Hi,

I've noticed that pdf-to-pdf links in PDFs generated by XEP do not work if
the id in the link contains a dot.

To test:

<fo:basic-link external-destination="url(file:GEN-1.7.pdf#test)">GEN 1.7
</fo:basic-link>

^^^ works

<fo:basic-link external-destination="url(file:GEN-1.7.pdf#test.1)">GEN 1.7
</fo:basic-link>

^^^ does not (Adobe Reader says: Could not open the file
'GEN-1.7.pdf#test.1'.)

(Obviously I took care to have the corresponding id in the target file
every time)

It seems that the bit after 'file:' gets interpreted as a filename in
itself. I tested this in OSX with Preview and Adobe Reader and in Windows
with Adobe Reader (in case it was a system thing), but got the same result.

-- Patricia

!DSPAM:87,5320375f9852045944906!