[xep-support] Re: Question on Cover Page

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 10 2013 - 17:53:42 PST

Thanks Kevin.

> Since you need to have some content on the page, juts place
> <fo:block><fo:leader/></fo:block> in the flow of the page.
I want to avoid this. I've wasted far too much time already trying to
make DocBook work.

I can provide an OpenOffice Writer file (ODT), Microsoft Word file
(DOC ro DOCX), or the prebuilt PDF. Writer and Word do not output
formatted objects (I already tried to find it).

Jeff

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Kevin Brown <kevin@renderx.com> wrote:
> Most anything is possible.
>
> Your task is only to customize what you need to do in Docbook.
>
> You would use a one page, page sequence and on that page put the PDF as the
> background-image on the region-before, set the extent of the region-before
> equal to the page height.
>
> Since you need to have some content on the page, juts place
> <fo:block><fo:leader/></fo:block> in the flow of the page.
>
> Use initial-page-number="1" and no-force for the page count on the following
> page sequence that is your content.
>
> Kevin Brown
> RenderX

!DSPAM:87,528038ae9851728622294!