[xep-support] Missing Characters in PDF Document (Unicode Circled Latin Letters)

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 05 2013 - 23:16:16 PST

Hi All,

I created a figure that used Circled Latin Letters as callouts. For
example, "Circle A" at
http://www.iam.uni-bonn.de/~alt/html/unicode_170.html.

My XML document references those callouts by code point (letter?).
Both Gedit and XMLmind display them.

My final PDF document seems to have misplaced them. There's a blank
where the letter should be.

My system is Ubuntu 13.04, x64. I'm using DocBook 4.5 and Ubuntu's
docbook.xsl. I'm also using libxml 20900, libxslt 10127 and libexslt
816 (from xsltproc -version).

Finally, I'm using XEP 4.22 build 2013. When I installed XEP, I opted
to install the extra fonts per the installation script (so I believe
all font files are available).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey Walton
Baltimore, MD, US

PS, I'm very comfortable with Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer, and
Apple Pages. I'm very much a n00b to DocBook and XEP. But I had to
switch to something that actually worked (in real life) with numerous
floating images that are anchored left and right.

!DSPAM:87,5279ecc69851462690034!