[xep-support] Re: Writing direction of retrieved marker is incorrect

From: Patricia Piolon <ppiolon@synclude.com>
Date: Fri Oct 11 2013 - 06:53:16 PDT

Hello,

Can I just bump this? I saw on the online archive that my initial email was
dramatically formatted (blame GMail's plain text mode), so I'm sending it
again, in case the weird formatting impeded your attempts to help me out. :)

I've got an xsl-fo document with the following markers:

<fo:marker marker-class-name="section-name-local">عام ٠-١</fo:marker>

(In case this is not rendered correctly in my email, we're looking at arabic
text that says something like "1-0 NEG", which is the Arabic version of
section GEN 0.1, so that's correct)

For retrieval, the fo looks like this:

<fo:block font-size="100%" xml:lang="ar-EG" writing-mode="rl-tb"
font-family="FreeSans">
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="section-name-local"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page" retrieve-boundary="page-
sequence"/>
</fo:block>

In PDF though, the section name now looks like "NEG 0-1" instead of "1-0
NEG". I can't even copy the Arabic text because if I do it's pasted more
correctly than it is in the PDF (if that makes sense). I have a screenshot
here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/581789/Screenshots/g.png - I'm talking about the
bit right below the GEN 0.1-1 in the top corner.

Can someone explain what is going on here and if it's possible to get XEP
to behave? Other Arabic text is displayed correctly.

Thanks for your help,
-- Patricia

-- Patricia

On 8 October 2013 14:27, Patricia Piolon <ppiolon@synclude.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got an xsl-fo document with the following markers:
>
> <fo:marker marker-class-name="section-name-local">عام ٠-١</fo:marker>
>
> (In case this is not rendered correctly in my email, we're looking at
> arabic text that says something like "1-0 NEG", which is the Arabic
> version of section GEN 0.1, so that's correct)
>
> For retrieval, the fo looks like this:
>
> <fo:block font-size="100%" xml:lang="ar-EG" writing-mode="rl-tb"
> font-family="FreeSans">
> <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="section-name-local"
> retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"
> retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"/>
> </fo:block>
>
> In PDF though, the section name now looks like "NEG 0-1" instead of
> "1-0 NEG". I can't even copy the Arabic text because if I do it's
> pasted more correctly than it is in the PDF (if that makes sense). I
> have a screenshot here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/581789/Screenshots/g.png - I'm talking about
> the bit right below the GEN 0.1-1 in the top corner.
>
> Can someone explain what is going on here and if it's possible to get
> XEP to behave? Other Arabic text display seems mostly correct.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> -- Patricia

!DSPAM:87,525802e69851999794215!