[xep-support] Re: A scenario in which break-after causes blank pages

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Thu Aug 01 2013 - 09:54:35 PDT

At 2013-08-01 12:08 +0000, Harvey, Paul (Contractor) wrote:
>I have a source XML file comprised of <question> elements, which
>contain a bunch of text and tabular content.
>My stylesheet outputs the content for a <question> and then emits a
><fo:block break-after="page"/> so that the output for each question
>starts at the top of a new page.
>However, if the output for a question completely fills a page downs
>to it's last available line, then the <fo:block break-after="page"/>
>causes a blank page following it, which is not desirable.
>Is there anyway around this?

Usually there is *always* room for an empty block at the bottom of a
page, regardless of how close the last block is to the bottom. So I
would check your next-to-last block to make sure there are no
space-after= constraints that are pushing your block to the following page.

Alternatively, have you tried:

    <fo:block keep-with-previous="always" break-after="page"/>

... though that should be redundant.

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, and UBL classes in the Netherlands     Oct 2013 |
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Australia Oct 2013 |