[xep-support] Re: Full page background image on each page

From: Kevin Brown <kevin@renderx.com>
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 11:40:46 PDT

I may be missing something but this works fine … it is the typical structure created by VisualXSL when importing backgrounds.

<fo:region-before extent="792pt" region-name="header-any" background-image="url(‘watermark.pdf’)"/> <!—extent is whatever you page height is -->

Another technique would be to modify the intermediate format to insert such an image as the start of each <page> element. We use this technique all the time when doing something like bookfolding, where an 8.5”x11” document is rendered as an 11x17 document with pages like (4,1),(2,3) (duplex print folded book). We just modify the XEP Intermediate format in a simple transform to combine pages (i.e copy content for page 4 and 1 into a new pages) and add a background 11x17 PDF that is for the book page.

Kevin Brown

RenderX