[xep-support] Re: Images in PDFs are being enlarged

From: Kevin Brown <kevin@renderx.com>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2012 - 10:56:29 PDT

It is likely the difference in assumed resolution HTML=screen, you viewing
in image viewer=screen and RenderX putting into a PDF an image with
intrinsic (meaning not real, actual) dimensions. My guess would be that the
image in PDF is 120/96 times larger (1.25). RenderX uses 120 dpi resolution
for images when no actual information exists in the image that specifies
actual image size. Windows applications use 96 dpi to calculate this
information.

You could just use image dimensions on the external-graphic to force size -
set content-width and content-height to the exact size you want.

Or try scaling down by 1/1.25 = 80%

Kevin Brown

RenderX