[xep-support] Problem with rx:table-omit-initial-header="true"

From: Anderson, Paul <Paul.Anderson@compuware.com>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 16:37:09 PST

Greetings,

We're trying to leverage the rx:table-omit-initial-header attribute to
provide a running title for a table when that table spans multiple
pages. The working sample on the
http://www.renderx.com/usecasestest.html page shows that
rx:table-omit-initial-header="true" is supposed to omit the first
fo:table-row in the fo:table-header region at the start of the table and
include all table-header rows if the table spans a page break. We can't
seem to make the rx:table-omit-initial-header attribute work as
advertised.

As outlined on the http://www.renderx.com/usecasestest.html page, we've
adjusted our xsl to do the following:
- If there's a title on the table, set
rx:table-omit-initial-header="true" on the fo:table element, otherwise,
set it to "false".
- Add the table title in an additional fo:table-row in the
fo:table-header region before the other table header row(s).

In the output, every table that had rx:table-omit-initial-header="true"
renders without _any_ of the table header rows at the start of the table
(this is a bad thing). We expected it to omit the first header row, not
all of them! If the table spans a page break, all the table header rows,
including the running title, appear at the top of the next page (this is
working as desired).

We have dissected our input FO file and are confident that the input
structure is as described in the use case.

We are using XEP version 4.19, build 20110414. Please advise regarding a
possible patch or workaround. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Paul Anderson
Information Developer - Codex Administrator
Compuware Corporation - +1-313-227-2031

!DSPAM:87,4f3c50e963731965112967!