[xep-support] Announce: Crane's XSL-FO and XSLT books freely available on "Try and Buy" convenant

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Sun Oct 09 2011 - 07:14:22 PDT

Crane Softwrights Ltd. is pleased to announce that all four of its
commercial PDF publications are now freely-downloadable based on a
"Try and Buy" covenant:

   Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#pfux

   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#ptux

   Practical Universal Business Language Deployment
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#publd

   Practical Code List Implementation in XML
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#pcli

The "Try and Buy" policy asks you to acknowledge that if you find the
book useful and want to keep using it, you will pay for a registered
copy. If you decide you are not going to use the book, please delete
it from your system. Please do not keep a copy around if you are not
going to pay for it.

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#tryandbuy

Registered book owners (including all who have already bought our
books in the past) have free access to our book forums at
http://books.CraneSoftwrights.com where questions about the content
found in the books can be posted. Spam-avoidance procedures require
book owners to create a forum login account and immediately forward
the account name to me, otherwise the account may be inadvertently
deleted (dozens of spam accounts are created every day). We are
looking forward to this growing to be a useful resource for book
owners as well as for myself as I look for ways to improve each
publication based on the questions being asked.

Each of the above four books is the basis of handout material for our
four respective instructor-led training classes (of the same
names). I can travel to deliver the material or the material can be
licensed for delivery by other trainers:

   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#ptux

   Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#pfux

   Practical Universal Business Language Deployment
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#publd

   Practical Code List Implementation in XML
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#pcli

We have a long history of me teaching these materials around the world:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/pastsch.htm

Please contact me off-list if you have any questions regarding our
books or our instructor-led training. In particular, if you are
willing to host a publicly-subscribed training class hiring me to
deliver to your audience (perhaps your own trainers in a
train-the-trainers scenario), then please let me know.

Thank you!

. . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

p.s. we just completed the inaugural delivery of our new 2-day
"Developer Audience" configuration of our hands-on <oXygen/> class
that may be of interest to you:

   Practical Use of <oXygen/> XML
   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#puxx

cc: XML-Dev, Mulberry XSL, W3C XSL-FO, UBL-Dev, CLR-Dev, XML-L,
Antenna House List, RenderX List, oXygen List

Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
!DSPAM:87,4e91b44563735828513458!