[xep-support] Re: Spurious "0.0 setgray" lines appear at start of PostScript output with XEP 4.19

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2011 - 11:46:44 PDT

On 09/26/2011 08:10 PM, Mark Burton wrote:
> I just upgraded to XEP 4.19 and the PostScript output now starts with a
> bunch of cruft like this:

> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> 0.0 setgray
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0

> Something's not right!

Hello Mark,

That's definitely not right, and thanks for pointing this out! it
appears to be a weird bug related to support of xsl11 colors on
bookmarks introduced in 4.19.

I was thinking how could I not find this myself, and the reason is
simple: Ghostscript which I use for regress testing shows such files
fine, not a single complaint on bad PS structure. (But one cannot fool
'file': it says "ASCII English text" now instead of "PostScript document
text conforming DSC level 3.0")

... should not be too difficult to fix... I'll let you know when done.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev