[xep-support] Re: Hyphenation.

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2011 - 07:56:15 PDT

At 2011-07-25 15:47 +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
>When using justification, a long url really spoils the look of a page.
>Is it possible to add the / character as a candidate hyphenation point please?
>If so, how?
>
>for very long url's, it looks squashed even when left justified?

The typical approach described on this list in the past is to inject
zero-width spaces where you want line breaks:

   http://lists.renderx.com/pipermail/xep-support/2005-January/003435.html
   http://services.renderx.com/lists/xep-support/1079.html
   http://lists.renderx.com/pipermail/xep-support/2011-May/007087.html

I hope this helps. I think it would be more appropriate to do
something custom for your own transformation, and localized only
where you want it, than to modify hyphenation tables which would have
such a wide impact.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/