[xep-support] Re: table column widths correct in FOP but not in XEP

From: Eric J. Schwarzenbach <Eric.Schwarzenbach@wrycan.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 13:08:28 PDT

Hi,

I was part of that discussion on the DITA list, and I can confirm, that
at least for the xml where I'm running into this, you are right, it is
indeed the case that the fo table is being generated with width="100%"
(and table-layout="fixed", FWIW). It seems to me that in this situation,
the column-width and the table width in the fo are asking for
contradictory things. It seems to me that xep is honoring the table
width at the expense of the column width (treating it as proportional
and not absolute inches as it indicates), whereas fop and antenna house
both both honor the column-width at the expense of the table width.

I really have no idea which, if either, is right. Can anyone tell if the
FO spec indicates what should happen in this case? Or is it undefined?

Eric