[xep-support] Re: SVG graphic goes missing

From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 09:57:33 PST

Thanks Dave, yes I am going to be using XML catalogs more. But isn't it
the default when running XEP (or probably the Sax parser under XEP) for
it to try to access the URL in the SVG (or other W3C DTD)? If the W3C
server no longer responds to this default check, then this is a basic
level of broken-ness that would have to be fixed out of the box one way
or another. Not to pick on XEP, I think it's a good product. Other tools
will be broken by this as well.

Mark

On 11/16/2010 9:40 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 16 November 2010 17:27, Mark Giffin<mgiffin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> True, I would not describe that as clever either. But I suppose they didn't
>> have the money for a larger-capacity server.
>>
>> So if this is what W3C is going to do as a policy, it looks like XML vendors
>> would be wise to look into solving this issue somehow for their customers.
> XML catalogues are available to do this now.
>
> regards

!DSPAM:87,4ce2c5f463732008519732!