[xep-support] Re: SVG graphic goes missing

From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 09:27:42 PST

True, I would not describe that as clever either. But I suppose they
didn't have the money for a larger-capacity server.

So if this is what W3C is going to do as a policy, it looks like XML
vendors would be wise to look into solving this issue somehow for their
customers. I know I am going to do this. Jirka, do you have a reference
on this W3C decision?

Thanks!
Mark Giffin

On 11/16/2010 2:53 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Mark Giffin wrote:
>
>> and both failed on it. Could the W3C server be screwed up in some long
>> term way?
> That's not bug, but feature. W3C decided to serve most requests for DTDs
> with 503 error code, because their servers were overloaded. Not very
> clever decision in my opinion, though.
>
> Jirka

!DSPAM:87,4ce2beb363737158816069!