[xep-support] Re: Text on background color

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 10:25:44 PDT

On 10/20/2010 01:45 PM, Jorge Bernad wrote:
> we are experiencing some problems when positioning black text within a
> container (fo:block, fo:table-cell) which has a HKS (spot color)
> background color. By using the color separation function of Acrobat you
> will see that the place under the text is kept white instead of becoming
> the given HKS background color. Unfortunately this is very important for
> offset printing to get a clean result (otherwise you could get white
> spots surronding the text). We have the same problem with the border
> lines. Is there any way to bring XEP to underlay the text with the
> background color?.

Hello Jorge,

At the moment - no, no way.
But we are now developing a new extension for "overprint". I bet that's
what you need. I'd appreciate if you could send us some samples (to
support@renderx.com) -- minimal FO files with short descriptions.
Then I'll send you some PDF files to test.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev