[xep-support] Image handling in XEP

From: Andreas Siegert <afxml@atsec.com>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 09:35:38 PDT

Hi,

I have some problems with image scaling in XEP.

How are images embedded? Scaled in any form or as is?
How can I ensure the embedded images (photographs) have a size
that is decent enough for printing while still keeping the PDF file size down?
Same question for screenshots which start out with a much lower resolution
than the embedded images and look rather bad on screen in the downsampled
version that XEP generates.
What is the native PPI value assumed by XEP? It scales page wide
images in PDFs differently according to DPI/PPI value, but I have not
found out what baseline PPI are assumed by XEP.

thx
afx

--
atsec information security GmbH, Steinstrasse 70, D-81667 München, Germany
    Phone: +49-89-44249830  /  Fax: +49-89-44249831  /  Web: atsec.com