[xep-support] Line alignment within line area

From: Vasily Melenchuk <Vasily.Melenchuk@cib.de>
Date: Thu Jan 14 2010 - 06:07:25 PST

Hello,

I'm a newbie to RenderX XEP product and to XLS-FO format at all. Most appearing problems are described clearly in specification or in RenderX samples. But in this case I'm stuck. So I need a help.

Situation:
I have documents where line spacing is adjusted very frequently. And there is a problem with _vertical_ text alignment inside line area. In most programs and formats I've used by default text is located in the beginning of line area. In case of XLS-FO text is located in the middle of line area:

<fo:block font="14pt Arial" background-color="blue" line-height="500%">This line should be driven to top of paragraph.</fo:block>

Here text is aligned in the vertical center of blue area (line & paragraph bounding rectangle), but I need to move it to top like MS Word, Open Office and other text editors do. Is it possible?

Regards, Vasily