[xep-support] XEP including SVG not PDF-A-1b compliant

From: Christian Kullmann <christian.kullmann@assentis.com>
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 04:43:36 PDT

Hello there,

I have been trying to create a PDF/A-1b output for a customer.
Unfortunately, while doing this I have to transform Postscript to XEP files that are merged with my actual data and these transformed XEP files include SVG images.
After rendering the XEP files to PDF/A, Acrobat 9 as well as PDF Inspector claim the PDF *NOT* to be PDF/A-1b compliant, because the SVGs have been embedded wrongly.

During creation a group object with an "S" key and "Transparency" value is created which is not allowed according to Chapter 6.4 of the PDF/A specification.
This group is created regardless of the SVGs I inserted.

For test purposes I created a xep file including only the said SVG (one from a customer and one taken from an SVG sample page), both creating the wrong output.
Is there anything I can do to configure resp. work around this issue or is this something that has to be addressed in a new XEP version.

The XEP version used is 4.15 build 20090409.

Any input regarding this issue is more than welcome.

Warmest Regards
Christian

Assentis Customer Day 2009 - Sept. 24/25 in Zurich, Switzerland - For more information visit:
http://www.assentis.com/news-en/287-customer-event-2009.html

--
Christian Kullmann
Head of Support