Re: [xep-support] Change bars error in case of many nested inline objects

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 07:43:44 PDT

Jan To¹ovskı wrote:
> Document is valid and also the change bar class mentioned in error
> report has corresponding begin and end parts. I've found it works
> properly if document is indented or there is inserted a whitespace
> character (space, linefeed, ...) before rx extension element. This
> workaround has side effect that each whitespace in inline elements is
> considered as important so there are e.g. unwanted spaces around
> inline images.

Hello Jan,

Did you try zero-width spaces instead of indentation or regular spaces?
I thought they'd work as well and without side effects.

> Could be this fixed somehow?
This is an old bug, but fixing it appears too difficult and is not among
nearest things to do.

> PS: xep 4.16
Unrelated to this bug: if it is 20090707, please upgrade to 20090723.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev