[xep-support] Scant Error Messages

From: Harvey, Paul <Paul_Harvey@omb.eop.gov>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 09:38:27 PDT

Hi,

I'm frequently running into situations where I run a transform and get
an error message like:

(document [system-id file:/F:/2010-MSR/data.xml]

  (validate

    [error] Element 'fo:block' cannot be a child of 'fo:list-block'.
Only 'list-item', 'marker' and change bar elements are permitted in this
context.

    [validation total: 1 error]

But I have no idea where, in the FO, the error is occurring. In fact,
when I output the FO itself and poke around in it, I can find no
instances of the supposed validation error.

Any suggestions as to what I can do about this? Is there a way to tease
out of RenderX more detailed info as to where the error?

Also, have any of you run into situations where an error like this is
really masking some other error?

Thanks,

Paul