Re: [xep-support] extra blank pages

From: <daniel.r.boughton@rrd.com>
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 08:02:46 PDT

That did the trick. Thanks Ken.

At 2009-06-26 07:34 -0500, daniel.r.boughton@rrd.com wrote:
>I have a document which is divided into several sections and I want
>the page numbering to start at 1 for each section. Each section has
>it's own page-sequence, so I set initial-page-number="1" in each
>page sequence. The problem is that if a section ends on an odd
>numbered page XEP inserts an extra blank page so that page-sequence
>ends on an even numbered page.

This is conforming to the specification requirements. Without
changes, the parity of the initial-page-number being odd will require
the preceding page sequence to end on an even page number.

>Is there a way to get each section to start with a page number of 1
>without getting the extra blank pages?

By using force-page-count="no-force" on the page sequence where the
extra page is currently being added (so the one before the one with
initial-page-number="1").

I hope this helps.