[xep-support] Built-in functions to know available width in area

From: Alejandro Masino <amasino@atsec.com>
Date: Fri May 29 2009 - 11:54:26 PDT

HI all,

I was wondering whether there is a way to know the available width in a
page area through a built-in function or variable, or at least know the
page dimensions at any time in a transformation sheet....

The problem I have is that I need to provide a solution for table
alignment (@text-align[left|right|center] is not properly handled in
table or table-and-caption elements) and need to know the exact width of
the area where the table should be rendered (so I can properly set the
width of the columns of the enclosing table I'm using to do the
alignment) ; I could
do it calculating myself all the dimensions I set when defining the
page, but as I have different page masters with different orientation...

Thanks,
Alejandro