FW: [xep-support] How to disable PDF select/copy functions?

From: Musawar Khan <musawar.khan@theedmgroup.co.uk>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 09:30:43 PDT

Hi,

To setup ownerpassword and userprivilages on PDF I tried two options:
        1. XEP configuration settings
        2. Processing Instructions
First works ok but option number 2 does not work.
Currently I am trying these options using XEP Assistant (XEPWin)
software.

XEP configuration is server level setting so we are trying to avoid it.

Below you can see how am I doing it in both options:

1. Config File looks like (Works perfect):

<config xmlns="http://www.renderx.com/XEP/config">

  <!-- ======================================================= -->
  <!-- Formatter options -->
  <!-- ======================================================= -->
  <options>
    <option name="LICENSE" value="license.xml"/>
    <option name="TMPDIR" value="none"/>
    <option name="BROKENIMAGE" value="images/404.gif"/>
    <option name="LOGO" value="images/logo-renderx.svg"/>

    <!-- Backend options -->
    <generator-options format="PDF">

      <option name="INITIAL_ZOOM" value="fit-width"/>
      <option name="OWNERPASSWORD" value="owner"/>
      <option name="USERPRIVILEGES" value="print"/>

    </generator-options>
.
.
.
.
.

2. For Processing Instructions FO file looks like (Does not Work):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xep-pdf-ownerpassword password?>
<?xep-pdf-userprivileges annotate,print?> <?xep-pdf-initial-zoom fit?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:rx="http://www.renderx.com/XSL/Extensions">
<xsl:template match="/">
<fo:root >
.
.
.
.
.

Option number 2 is not working.
Can you please tell me where am I doing it wrong?

Regards,

Musawar Khan
Software Developer
EDM Group Limited
Unit 501, Daisyfield Business Centre, Appleby Street, Blackburn, BB1 3BL
Office: 01254 604067
www.theedmgroup.co.uk

Please respect the environment and do not print this email unless you
really need to.