Re: [xep-support] Non-breaking spaces in transform

From: G. Ken Holman <>
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 11:13:07 PST

At 2009-01-09 10:21 -0800, someotherlist wrote:
>I'm having difficulty with specifying non-breaking spaces in my FO.
>I've tried specifying &#160; in the content, but I keep getting a
>collapsed result. For the sample using the EN and EM space, the PDF
>output looks the same (meaning the size of the space isn't actually
>different for the EN and EM as it should be). Am I missing something basic?

I don't think so ... I just use &#160; myself.

>Thanks in advance,
>FO (using a non-breaking space)
><fo:block space-after="4pt" space-before="8pt">Lorem ipsum dolor sit
>amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget nibh quis lectus
>accumsan varius My&#160;Product&#160;Name.</fo:block>
>PDF results
>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget
>nibh quis lectus accumsan varius MyProductName.

My result for that block does not show the last three words abutted
as you cite. I see a normally-wide space between each of them.

I used XEP 4.11 build 20071214.

. . . . . . . . . . Ken

Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03
Video lesson:
Video overview:
G. Ken Holman
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07
Legal business disclaimers:
in the body of the message to from the address
you are subscribed from.