Re: [xep-support] white spaces

From: G. Ken Holman <>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 13:01:04 PST

At 2008-11-05 14:09 +0100, Lily Galle wrote:
>Question one:
>If I want to indent one line for „10mm€œ, what should I doo?

If you mean the first line of a multiple-line paragraph, then use text-indent.

If you mean all lines of a block of lines (even
if there is only one line in the block), then use start-indent.

>Question two:
>I would like put some white space between the Words. Like following:
> She likes
> Apple.
>I could not find out how to do it in €œXEP€.
>In €œmyDocBook.xml€ I wrote the code like €œ&#x20€ and it failed.

Use <fo:leader leader-length="25mm"/>

>Question three:
>I need very often to produce some white spaces
>between two lines. The only way I found out in
>€œXEP€ is: <literallayout> </literallayout>
>Are there some other ways to produce white spaces between two lines?

I hope this helps.

Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:
Video course overview:
G. Ken Holman
Crane Softwrights Ltd.
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07
Legal business disclaimers:
in the body of the message to from the address
you are subscribed from.