[xep-support] PDF File size

From: Justin Lipton <justin.lipton@exari.com>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 22:59:04 PDT

Hi,

I think I'm seeing something a bit unusual.
I'm getting different sized PDF documents when the input differs in only a
cosmetic way:

e.g.
<fo:inline>This is a paragraph.</fo:inline>

compared with:
<fo:inline>This is
</fo:inline><fo:inline><fo:inline>a</fo:inline></fo:inline><fo:inline>
paragraph.</fo:inline>

Is there a way to make the rendered PDF ignore these redundant inlines such
that the PDF output would be identical in both cases?
We're trying to get PDF unit tests working and this seems to be tripping us
up. Stripping them out as part of the FO generation would really complicate
our existing XSLT transforms.

Cheers,
Justin.