[xep-support] OpenType Variants

From: Lillian Sullam <lsullam@bruxton.com>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 16:47:11 PDT

Hello,

I am using an OpenType font for my documents. I would like to set the
numbers within tables to "Tabular Lining" a variant in OpenType fonts.

For example:
one.tab - tabular variant of one, used when default numerals are all
proportional.

Different variants can be specified for different uses. I know there
is a "font-variant" for small-caps. Is there a way to declare a
"font-variant" of a value "tab" that could work in the same way?

How does XEP support such capabilities of OpenType fonts?

Thanks!

Lillian Sullam