Re: [xep-support] Re: xep issues with svg text

From: Alexei Gagarinov <>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 07:10:10 PDT

> With XEP, the text loses all formatting,

You're wrong here.
All the formatting defined inside the 'style' element is preserved.

> and is squashed together as shown in the attached pdf.

XEP doesn't support character-by-character placement in SVG text
elements as it is stated in our documentation. (See for details).
It means that if an array is used in x, y, dx, dy, or rotate attributes
of <text> or <tspan> element (as in your case), only the first number
is considered.

The workaround is to replace each array in @x attributes of the 'tspan'
elements by the corresponding number of explicit 'tspan' elements.

Best regards,
   Alexei Gagarinov

in the body of the message to from the address
you are subscribed from.