Re: [xep-support] Modular DocBook 5 documents using XInclude

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 21 2008 - 07:07:33 PDT

2008/8/21 Stephen Taylor <sjt@5jt.com>:> Can I use XEP to format modular DocBook V5 documents?>> These use XInclude rather than entity declarations. Apache FOP 0.95> processes them, but XEP 4.13 objects:>> Element include in namespace … encountered in book, but no template matches.
Better to ask this on the docbook-apps mailing list perhaps, but yes.Xinclude processing is an XML step normally prior to further processingof docbook (or any other XML).

>> The only traffic I've found on this list recommends modifying my call to XEP> to>> add xercesImpl.jar (from my FOP installation, I suppose) to the classpath> use option> -Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration>> This doesn't change the error report. What am I missing?

$ xmllint -o $2 --xinclude $1
Use xml lint to expand the xincludes, then feed as normally to Xalan or Saxonthen to XEP for the fo processing.

>> Presumably I should be able to use Xalan for the XSLT and pipe the FO output> to XEP? Is this a different line of attack?
Yes. Just later.

HTH

-- Dave PawsonXSLT XSL-FO FAQ.http://www.dpawson.co.uk