Re: [xep-support] XEP compared to FOP 0.94

From: Philippe Nobili <philippe.nobili@cggveritas.com>
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 00:18:11 PDT

Roy Dennington wrote:

> Philippe writes,
>

> The problem is straightforward to reproduce: just pick up any JPG, or
> PNG file, launch your favorite SVG editor (we use Inkscape), import
> the selected image as a bitmap, add any symbol or text and save the
> SVG file
>

> I used Inkscape to produce test.svg and tested with test.xml. I
> tested several images using no path, an absolute path, and a relative
> path. All three cases worked fine. Does this example fail on your
> installation?
>

> Regards,
>
> Roy

Hello Roy,

Thanks for the reply; no, your exemple will work fine on my
installation, but if you import a second image into your SVG file, then
PDF rendering will fail to render the images (at least on my
installation). With one image only, the transparency is not correctly
handled, but the image is rendered.

Phil.

PS: I posted an example with attached files to this list, but I do not
see it...